Pudding is a fundamental dessert in home kitchens, perfect for those who enjoy healthy eating. It’s excellent for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a small treat any time of day. We present to you a homemade egg pudding with Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil, featuring two ingredients that complement each other perfectly: orange and sultanas. Discover this recipe and surprise your family and friends!
By consuming Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the Olivares Vivos seal, such as Olivar de la Luna, you’re contributing to the restoration of the native flora and fauna of the olive grove. Keep reading, and we’ll explain how to make the recipe!
Homemade Egg Pudding with Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For this Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil pudding, you don’t need anything more than basic ingredients that you likely always have in your pantry. However, we recommend not compromising on their quality for excellent results.
- 4 eggs.
- 125 grams of stale bread.
- 500 ml of whole or semi-skimmed milk, or vegetable milk.
- 100 grams of white sugar.
- A piece of lemon peel.
- A tablespoon of rum (optional).
- A few muscatel sultanas (optional).
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1 tablespoon of Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For the caramel:
- 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- 4 tablespoons of water.
- A splash of lemon juice.
1. Beat the eggs with the sugar until obtaining a whitish cream.
2. Meanwhile, heat the milk with the cinnamon stick and a piece of lemon peel. Let it cool. For a quicker version, you can skip boiling the milk and directly add it to the egg mixture along with the powdered cinnamon and lemon zest.
3. Add the milk to the egg mixture, along with the rum, tablespoon of Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and mix well. Stir in the bread cut into small pieces.
4. Place the muscatel sultanas in a bowl of water to hydrate. Coat the sultanas in flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the mold. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) with a pan of water inside.
5. For the liquid caramel, place all the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and stir continuously until you obtain caramel.
6. Pour the caramel into a mold and add the prepared mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until done. We recommend checking through the oven door to monitor the pudding’s progress.
This pudding is delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream. Paired with a good coffee or an American-style tea with milk, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a delightful moment.
If you’re not very confident in the kitchen and want a healthy and easy-to-make dessert, give this pudding with Olivar de la Luna Extra Virgin Olive Oil a try. In addition to preparing a delicious recipe, you’ll be contributing to the preservation of olive grove biodiversity through the consumption of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the Olivares Vivos seal.